Local news- Press Release
☷ City of Bend Oregon - Weekly Road and Traffic Report for Week of May 23 29 20 May 2022
City of Bend , state Oregon ( By Press Release office)
| 6| 2
For the Week of May 23 - 29:
- Slurry seal work delayed due to weather conditions . Work is tentatively set to begin 5/23/22 . Several residential roads will see one - day closures in Bend . Roads in the northeast and southeast of Bend will be the main focus . To see if your street will be affected , head to our
Street Preservation page
for a list of projects .
Wilson Corridor Improvements Project
– Street improvements on Wilson from Second Street to 15th Street . For more information visit the
Wilson Project website
. This is a multiphase project with various intersections and road closures throughout its entirety .
Intersection of SE Wilson Avenue and SE 9th Street for roundabout construction , full intersection closure with detour through May 2022 ( weather dependent ) .
Newport Corridor Improvements Project
– Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be closed due to updates in the water main and stormwater facilities . Road closures related to the project listed below . For more information , visit the
Newport project website
. Various closures through the end of Winter 2022 .
NW Newport Avenue between NW 10th street and NW 11th street , 4/5/22 - Mid Summer 2022
NW 11th Street Between NW Ogden Avenue and NW Milwaukee Avenue , full road closure , 4/5/22 - Mid Summer 2022
ODOT 3rd Street Improvements
– Infrastructure improvements along 3rd Street from Butler Market Road to Greenwood Avenue . Various types of traffic control will be implemented during construction . Expected to be completed at the end of summer 2023 . Street sections affected listed below .
Single - lane closures in the Northbound and Southbound lanes on 3rd St . Between Greenwood Avenue and NE Olney Avenue
Butler Market to Mervin Sampels northbound slow lane closure until end of May
Sewer Extension Program
– The yearly project includes installing gravity sewer mains and sewer laterals in order to allow properties to decommission their septic systems and connect to the public sewer system . Full road closures with local access in SE Bend related to this project ( closures listed below ) . For more information , visit
bendoregon . gov/admiral - king - jehu
King Hezekiah Way between King Jehu Way and King Solomon Court , 4/11/22 - mid - summer 2022 .
King Jehu Way between King Hezekiah Way and Desert Woods Drive , 4/25/22 - mid - summer 2022 .
between Murphy Road and Knott Road for infrastructure installation , northbound lane closure with detour . Estimated through early summer 2022 . This is part of the
Brosterhous Accessibility Improvements Project
NW Shevlin Ranch Road
between NW Bordeaux Lane and NW Shevlin Meadow Drive for infrastructure installation , full road closure . Completion scheduled for end of June .
between NE 18th Street and Layton Avenue for infrastructure installation , eastbound lane closure . Completion scheduled for early summer 2022 .
NW Silver Buckle Road
– As part of the Rimrock Pump Stations Improvement project , full road closure during work hours .
Future Road Closures:
NW Newport Avenue
between NW Grove Road and NW Third Street for a water service replacement , single lane closure with flagging , expect short delays , 5/31/22
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors . Always exercise increased caution within construction zones . Drivers should use designated detour routes . Nearby residential streets are for local traffic only .
Contact: Deedee Fraley , Assistant City Engineer
541 - 385 - 6199 , dfraley@bendoregon . gov
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger , Streets Supervisor
541 - 317 - 3035 , pneiswonger@bendoregon . gov
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at:
bendoregon . gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at:
bendoregon . gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at:
bendoregon . gov/enews
Accommodation Information for People with Disabilities
To obtain this information in an alternate format such as Braille , large print , electronic formats , etc . please contact Anne Aurand at 541 - 388 - 5573 or aaurand@bendoregon . gov .
Press release information:
Direct link to press release
: Click here .
Keywords and search queries from search engines related to the press release :