Police Officer Civil Service Exam Job opening - Lancaster state Ohio ( Job openings )
Lancaster , state Ohio
( By Press Release office)
2022-01-10T00:00 - 2022-02-09T00:00 | 43 | 2
MUNICIPAL CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
Notice is hereby given that a competitive examination for the position of POLICE OFFICER will be given at 6:00 PM on Friday, February 18, 2022 at The Olivedale Senior Citizens Center, 253 Boving Road, Lancaster, Ohio. Face coverings and social distancing will be observed.
POLICE OFFICER: City of Lancaster Police Department
SALARY: Starting $56,451.20 per year; after 5 years $77,792.00 per year *
*Lateral entry may increase salaries for qualified officers
PARTIAL DUTIES: Police officers protect the lives, safety, property, and peace of the citizens of Lancaster by enforcement of municipal, state, and federal laws and regulations, by providing education, information, and assistance in matters both routine and critical, and performing police duties at public activities, emergencies, and disasters.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education minimum is graduation from a standard senior high school or its equivalent; ability to read and write understandably in the English language; ability to make written reports; ability to pass such medical, physical and agility standards and tests as prescribed from time to time; high moral standards; industry; integrity; alertness; weight in proportion to height; ability to pass physical examination prescribed by the commission.
AGE: No person shall be eligible to receive an original appointment to a police department as a police officer, subject to the Civil Service Laws of the State of Ohio, unless they have reached the age of twenty-one (21).
The subject of the examination will be experience and practical questions. The term of the eligibility list generated from the results of the test is fixed at not less than one year.
Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited high school or have a G.E.D. equivalency.
EXTRA CREDIT: The following adjustments shall be made to the scores of applicants on condition that they pass the entry level examination at 70% or above:
(1) Currently employed, full-time, certified police officers in the State of Ohio will receive additional credit of 15%. Applicant must submit a photocopy of a valid Peace Officer’s Certificate and proof of employment at the time of filing.
(2) 5% additional credit will be granted to Out-of-State Police Officers with
the same conditions as above applying.
(3) 10% additional credit will be granted for a job related bachelor’s degree
from an accredited college or university. Applicant must attach a copy of diploma or transcript.
(4) Any person who has completed service in the uniformed services, who has been honorably discharged from the uniformed services or transferred to the reserve with evidence of satisfactory service, and who is a resident of this state and any member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio national guard, who has completed more than one hundred eighty days of active duty service pursuant to an executive order of the president of the United States or an act of the congress of the United States may file with their application a certificate of service or honorable discharge, and, upon this filing, the person shall receive additional credit of 20%. A person who receives an additional credit under this section shall not receive an additional credit under (5) below.
(5) A member in good standing of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio National Guard, who successfully completes the member's initial entry-level training, shall receive additional credit of 15%.
To receive the military extra credit, applicants must submit a copy of certification of honorable discharge or a copy of form DD214 at the time of filing application.
The total amount of credit that may be accumulated may not exceed 40%
All applicants must be a citizen or legal resident of The United States and legal resident of Fairfield County or adjoining counties, after appointment.
Applicants must present a photo identification card (driver’s license or equivalent) upon arrival to take the examination on Friday, February 18, 2022.
Click here for an online application
A copy of The Lancaster Police Department’s background removal standards may be downloaded from:
Applications must be filed online and will not be accepted after 12:00 noon on Friday, February 11, 2022. Applications must be complete when filing, including all required documentation.
The City of Lancaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Job release information:
Direct link to Job Opening
: Click here