Local news- Press Release
City of Findlay Ohio - Ohioans Can Discharge Fireworks on Specified Holidays 01 July 2022 ( news )
City of Findlay , state Ohio ( By Press Release office)
| 81| 2
A new law allows Ohioans to legally discharge fireworks on certain holidays starting July 1 , 2022 . The City of Findlay is following the state law .
The following is when it is legal and some guidelines people are to follow when shooting off fireworks .
- You can only shoot off fireworks on your property or a property you have permission to use
- Cannot be intoxicated when shooting off fireworks
- They have to be consumer grade fireworks
- Can only shoot off prior to midnight
- Can only shoot off on the following days:
New Year’s Day
Chinese New Year ( 1/22/2023 )
Cinco de Mayo
July 3 , 4 , 5 or the Friday , Saturday , or Sunday preceding or following ( this year it will be July 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 8 , 9 , 10 )
Labor Day weekend ( Friday , Saturday , Sunday , Monday )
Diwali ( 10/24/2022 )
New Year’s Eve
Here are some safety guidelines citizens should follow . They will be given a pamphlet covering this when they purchase their fireworks .
• Don ' t allow children to play with fireworks .
• Set them off outside in a clear area , away from houses , dry leaves and other flammable materials .
• Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of emergencies .
• Don ' t try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks . Soak them with water and throw them away .
• Make sure other people are out of range before lighting them .
• Don ' t have any part of your body over the firework while lighting it .
• Store fireworks in a cool , dry place and keep unused products away from where you ' re igniting them .
• Don ' t light fireworks in a container , especially a glass or metal container .
• Don ' t experiment with homemade fireworks .
As part of the new law , any political subdivision may opt - out of allowing the ability to discharge within their limits . The City of Findlay is not opting out of the state law .
The State Fire Marshal provides rules to the public related to the new fireworks law . For a complete look at the new fireworks rules , visit the
The State Fire Marshal is part of the Ohio Department of Commerce , Ohio’s chief regulatory agency . The Department is focused on promoting prosperity and protecting what matters most to Ohioans . They ensure businesses follow the laws that help them create jobs and keep Ohioans safe . To learn more about what they do , visit their website at
com . ohio . gov
For more information visit:
https://com . ohio . gov/about - us/media - center/news/ohioans - can - discharge - fireworks - on - specified - holidays - beginning - next - month
PLAY the NEWS
* May be useful for visually impaired persons .
Press release information :
Direct link to press release
: Click here .