Local news- Press Release
☷ Nevada Department of Transportation Nevada - NDOT To Make Pedestrian Bicycle Improvements In Wadsworth Area 09 June 2022
Nevada Department of Transportation , state Nevada ( By Press Release office)
| 11| 2
Beginning June 20 , roadway shoulder and intermittent lane closures will be in place on State Route 447 ( Washeim Street ) through central Wadsworth as the Nevada Department of Transportation installs pedestrian and safety improvements .
Drivers will see intermittent lane and shoulder closures on Washeim Street between Fourth and Sagebrush streets June 20 through mid - August , primarily between 7a . m . - 4p . m . weekdays . Pedestrian , business and side street access will remain available during construction . While most delays will be less , drivers should anticipate traffic delays of up to 30 minutes as traffic flaggers alternate traffic through the work zone .
NDOT , in conjunction with the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe , will install the following improvements on SR 447 between Fifth and Eighth Streets:
• New multi - use path on west side of the roadway
• Two new and one updated crosswalk with three new flashing pedestrian crossing lights , providing safer and more designated access to Natchez Elementary School and other areas
• Radar - activated speed signs will be installed
• Additional street lighting at intersections
• Enhanced school zone signage and roadside drainage , on State Route 447 , or Washeim Street , through central Wadsworth
• Resurfacing of Washeim Street through downtown Wadsworth
The project was developed in partnership with the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe and funded in part by a Tribal Transportation Safety Fund grant received by the Tribe . The goal is to enhance safety , mobility and connectivity so pedestrians and bicycles can more securely access and share the road , including access to local school and community centers .
Press release information:
Direct link to press release
: Click here .
Keywords and search queries from search engines related to the press release :