Local news- Press Release
Caroline County Virginia - MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED FOR COUNTY WATER CUSTOMERS THROUGH MAY 23 20 May 2022 ( news )
Caroline County , state Virginia ( By Press Release office)
| 54| 2
CAROLINE COUNTY PRESS RELEASE
For immediate release
May 20 , 2022
Joseph C . Schiebel
Director of Public Utilities
MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS
IMPOSED FOR CUSTOMERS OF THE COUNTY WATER SYSTEM
LEVEL 3 – MODERATE
Effective immediately , mandatory Level 3 water restrictions have been imposed for customers of the Caroline County Department of Public Utilities water system in the Carmel Church/Ladysmith areas as a result of the VDOT water supply line relocation project under Route 1 near the intersection with Ladysmith Road . Residential subdivisions affected include Ladysmith Village , South River , Pendleton , Belmont , and Caroline Pines . The Lake Caroline , Lake Land‘Or , and Campbell’s Creek communities will not be affected as they are supplied by a private water system .
Level 3 restrictions include:
• Watering of lawns and Gardens with a Hand - Held hose with a trigger nozzle , bucket , or watering can only on alternating days* .
• Washing vehicles only use a bucket , watering can , high pressure cleaning unit , or commercial car wash .
• Cleaning paved areas Banned , unless required for health and safety reasons .
• Pools and Spas new and existing pools or spas of 1 , 000 gallons or less may be filled with a hand - held hose with a trigger nozzle , watering can , or bucket . Filling a new or existing pool or spa above 1 , 000 gallons requires permission from Public Utilities .
In an effort to remove the air and sediment in the lines following the relocation , Public Utilities spent most of the day Thursday flushing the water mains . This resulted in low water levels in the storage tanks . The combination of low water levels in the storage tanks and higher than normal temperatures this weekend will cause water consumption to remain high without restrictions .
Level 3 restrictions are expected to remain in place through Monday , May 23rd .
Please visit the Caroline County Public Utilities Web Page at https://co . caroline . va . us/273/Public - Utilities to review the Water Restriction Summary Guide .
We regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate the patience and cooperation of our customers .
For further information , contact: Joseph C . Schiebel , Director of Public Works/Utilities Office: ( 804 ) 633 - 4390 email – jschiebel@co . caroline . va . us
# # #
Official Press Release
PLAY the NEWS
* May be useful for visually impaired persons .
Press release information :
Direct link to press release
: Click here .