Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Job opening - Tavares state Florida ( Job openings )
Tavares , state Florida
( By Press Release office)
2022-01-14T00:00 - 2022-02-13T00:00 | 41 | 1
This position performs technical work and related recordkeeping in the operation and maintenance of a Wastewater Treatment Plant, under the general direction of the Plant Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs work activities associated with the wastewater treatment plant(s) assigned. Provides technical support and guidance for subordinates. Ensures safe, effective operation of plant facilities.
2. Conducts frequent and periodic inspections of plant to detect malfunctions, initiates corrective actions, as defined in F.A.C. 17-602.
3. Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete records on plant operation and laboratory data.
4. Participates in new worker orientation; provides training and instruction to subordinates.
5. Execute work and maintenance schedules, ensures that building, grounds and equipment are maintained in proper condition.
6. Performs routine laboratory tests, samples according to set test schedules.
7. Assists in formulating and implementing practice rules, techniques and procedures.
8. Ensures safe use of all chemicals and mechanical treatment related supplies.
9. Reads and records daily plant parameters and equipment readings. Makes adjustments to the equipment.
10. Performs interior and exterior building maintenance and housekeeping chores and grounds maintenance tasks.
11. Performs preventative, actual and emergency maintenance on all electrical and mechanical plant systems.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant operations, policies, procedures and methods.
2. Knowledge of math, chemistry, and biology.
3. Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, weekend duty, work rotating emergency stand-by, and emergency callouts.
4. Ability and availability to work in the event of a disaster to assist with recovery response efforts.
5. Ability to make and maintain records and reports.
6. Ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as various algebraic calculations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. One (1) year experience as an operator in a wastewater plant.
(A comparable amount of training, education, or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS:
1. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
2. Class “C” Operators Certificate (Wastewater) as issued by the State of Florida, or the ability to obtain within 18-months of hire date.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
• Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
• Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Moderate (15 to 44 pounds) lifting and carrying.
• Depth perception
• Distinguish colors
• Walking, smelling, driving
• Works inside and outside in various weather conditions with: noise, chemicals, electricity energy or radiant energy, odors
• May be exposed to slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces and vibrations
• Uneven surfaces
Local Job release information:
Direct link to Job Opening
: Click here