Solid Waste Driver I Job opening - Tavares state Florida ( Job openings )
Tavares , state Florida
( By Press Release office )
2022-01-25T00:00 - 2022-02-24T00:00 | 51 | 2
Operates a variety of solid waste collection equipment to include fully automated, rear load trucks and trucks equipped with a knuckle boom claw used for the collection of municipal solid waste, yard waste and bulk materials. This work is performed under the direct supervision of the Solid Waste Division Manager with assistance from the Solid Waste Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs a pre and post trip inspection on their respective truck, on a daily basis, to ensure trucks are safe and operational.
2. Drives a variety of solid waste collection equipment running their respective route obtaining the most productivity possible in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Drives collection equipment on city, county and state roads while in the performance of their duties.
4. Collects all municipal solid waste to include bulk and yard waste.
5. Visually inspects existing trash containers for repair or replacement.
6. Ensures that their assigned vehicle is washed and cleaned in a sanitary fashion, both inside and out.
7. Maintains a positive and professional attitude when dealing with the public and fellow employees.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability and willingness to work constantly with unpleasant waste materials.
2. Sufficient physical strength and agility to lift, move and carry objects (up to 50 pounds) and to work in all conditions of weather.
3. Ability to work rotating shifts including weekend duty and emergency call outs.
4. Ability and availability to work in the event of a disaster to assist with recovery response efforts.
5. Ability to drive and operate all types of solid waste collection equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Ability to comprehend and retain the knowledge necessary in performing the duties of running a directed route in an efficient and professional manner.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
1. Must possess a valid Florida Class “B” CDL.
2. Incumbents of this position are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-700 within 30 days of employment and the ICS-100 within 60 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
1. Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
2. Acceptable hearing (with or without correction).
3. Heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds).
4. Pulling, walking, standing, bending, stooping
5. Safely drive and operate Solid Waste collection trucks and equipment, while sitting for extended periods of time.
1. Works outside in various weather conditions with exposure to the following, but not limited to: noise, dust, odors.
2. Slippery and uneven surfaces.
3. In or with moving objects and or vehicles.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
Local Job release information:
Direct link to Job Opening
: Click here