Recreation Facility Specialist Job opening - Tavares state Florida ( Job openings )
Tavares , state Florida
( By Press Release office )
2022-01-31T00:00 - 2022-03-02T00:00 | 47 | 2
Performs physical work requiring independent judgment in the operations, care and condition of the Tavares community facilities and athletic fields. Performs skilled duties with emphasis on outdoor athletic field maintenance, irrigation, and equipment repairs, along with indoor facility preparation needs for the community. Works under the direction of the Recreation Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains various grounds, athletic fields and common park areas by performing mowing, dragging, weeding, tilling, raking, digging and other manual labor tasks.
2. Responsible for the set-up, changes/adjustments, and breakdown of facility furniture according to rental agreements.
3. Prepares fields for safe athletic activities by maintaining all field areas such as, pitching mounds, infield lips, baselines, batting areas, and warning tracks.
4. Assists with the installation and application of fertilizer, chemical sprays and seed to help maintain the athletic fields, parks and other common grounds.
5. Maintains equipment and facilities by performing manual labor and semi-skilled work.
6. Ensures the cleanliness of the athletic sports complexes and community facilities; removes trash, picks litter; sets up tables and other areas as needed for reservations or programs.
7. Operates vehicles, performs daily checks on vehicles and safety equipment such as fluid levels, tires, lights, and a walk around check for damage.
8. Performs daily maintenance on irrigation, mowers and other field equipment; checking fluid levels, changing blades, cleaning air filters, checking tires, checking for damage and lubricate daily.
9. Reads and reviews facility set-up diagrams to set facility for the public; makes written and oral reports including, but not limited to, daily and other periodic reports assigned to this work classification, equipment operations/maintenance reports, and damage reports.
10. Informs and directs public in the use of facilities.
11. Works hand-in-hand with Recreation Division on events, programs, and activities as needed.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of facilities maintenance and repair functions
2. Knowledge of custodial cleaning methods, practices, procedures and the ability to perform duties within potential time restraints
3. Knowledge of landscape and turf maintenance, and the operation of turf maintenance equipment, tools, and other equipment necessary to perform related work
4. Knowledge of groundskeeping practices and principles
5. Ability to operate light to medium equipment
6. Skill in the operation and preventative maintenance of mechanical equipment and related tools
7. Knowledge of the maintenance and preparation of recreation athletic fields
8. Knowledge of occupational safety and health hazards, and ability to follow prescribed safety precautions
9. Ability to read and understand simple sketches, diagrams, blueprints, maps and charts to perform work responsibilities
10. Ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion
11. Ability to perform mathematical calculations required to set up fields according to regulations
12. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
13. Ability to read and write legibly
14. Ability to work with others and maintain a professional demeanor with the public.
15. Ability to respond and assist in the event of a natural disaster
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Degree, certification, or coursework in Turf Management, Sports Field Management, or related field is preferred
3. A minimum of two (2) years of experience is preferred in applicable trade (athletic field, facilities, and grounds maintenance) training, and necessary knowledge, skills and abilities
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
1. Valid Florida Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
• Heavy (45 pounds and over) lifting and carrying
• Adequate hearing and vision necessary to safely and accurately perform essential functions (with or without correction)
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and emergency call-out
• Operating equipment
• Works inside and outside in various weather conditions
• Chemicals (insecticides and herbicides)
• Heights (up to 15 feet)
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
Local Job release information:
Direct link to Job Opening
: Click here