Local news- Press Release
☷ Alcoa Tennessee - Police Officer Pool
Alcoa , state Tennessee ( By Press Release office)
Police Officer Pool
Closes On: June 30 , 2022 at 04:30 PM EST
Job Status: Full - Time
Shift: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Days Worked: Sun . , Mon . , Tue . , Wed . , Thu . , Fri . , Sat .
Rate of Pay: $38 , 776 . 20 - $70 , 135 . 50
Definition of Class
The City of Alcoa Police Department is accepting applications for the purpose of establishing a new candidate pool to be considered for future openings for a Police Officer .
This is responsible entry - level law enforcement work involving the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances . Incumbents perform a variety of police related functions such as police patrols , investigations , traffic regulation , and other related law enforcement activities . A patrol officer must be able to act without direct supervision using independent judgment and discretion in meeting emergency and non - emergency situations . Duties are performed in accordance with law and departmental directives . Work involves extensive public contacts and situations of personal danger . The incumbent operates under the general supervision of the Police Sergeant , Patrol Section . Some over - time work is required . This is a safety - sensitive position and will require periodic random and unannounced drug testing .
Essential Duties Performed
- • Works on assigned shifts performing security patrols , traffic control , investigations and first aid at accidents , and the detection , investigation and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct using own judgment in deciding course of action required to handle difficult and emergency situations without assistance;
• Patrols City streets , parks , commercial and residential areas to detect criminal activity , preserve the peace and enforce the law; provides assistance to persons in distress or needing help;
• Responds to emergency radio calls and investigates accidents , robberies , civil disturbances , domestic disputes , fights , drunkenness , etc . and takes appropriate law enforcement action;
• Undertakes community oriented and problem - solving strategies , and assists citizens with such matters as crime prevention , traffic safety , etc . ;
• Participates in investigating criminal law violations occurring within the City limits , obtaining evidence and compiling information regarding these crimes;
• Interviews suspects and witnesses , preserves evidence , arrests violators;
• Prepares cases for filing of charges , testifying in court , and related activities;
• Conducts patrol activities including directing traffic , investigation of reported or observed violations of law , etc . ;
• Maintains contact with police supervisory personnel to coordinate investigation activities , provide mutual assistance during emergency situations and provide general information about Department activities;
• Apprehends individuals suspected and/or accused of criminal activities and provides safe custody to the appropriate correctional facility;
• Effects an arrest forcibly if necessary , using handcuffs and other restraints , subdues resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self - defense;
• Operates a law enforcement vehicle during both the day and night; in emergency situations involving speeds in excess of posted limits , in congested traffic and in unsafe road conditions;
• Exercises independent judgment in determining when there is reasonable suspicion to detain , when probable cause exists to search and arrest , and when force may be used;
• Communicates effectively and coherently over law enforcement radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications;
• Loads , unloads , aims and fires from a variety of body positions , handguns , shotguns and other agency firearms under conditions of stress that justify the use of deadly force and at levels of proficiency prescribed in certification;
• Pursue fleeing suspects which may involve quickly entering and exiting law enforcement patrol vehicles; lifting , carrying and dragging heavy objects; climbing over and pulling up oneself over obstacles , jumping down from elevated surfaces , climbing through openings; jumping over obstacles , ditches and streams; crawling in confined areas; balancing on uneven or narrow surfaces and using body force to gain entrance through barriers .
• Perform searches of people , vehicles , building and large outdoor areas which may involve feeling and detecting objects , walking for long periods of time , detaining people and stopping suspicious vehicles and persons;
• Endure verbal and mental abuse when confronted with the hostile view and opinions of suspects and other people encountered in an antagonistic environment .
• Perform rescue functions at accidents , emergencies and disasters to include directing traffic for long periods of time , administering and summoning emergency medical aid , lifting , dragging and carrying people away from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from particular areas;
• Read and comprehend legal and non - legal documents , including the preparation and processing of such documents as citations , affidavits and warrants;
• Serves as a liaison with local , regional and state law enforcement to receive and convey information , assist with ongoing investigations , gather intelligence , etc . ;
• Must report to work as scheduled and on time; demonstrating regular and predictable attendance;
• Prepares and submits reports when required; using appropriate grammar , symbols and mathematical computations;
• Prepares for and testifies in court;
• Performs other related duties as required and / or assigned .
Minimum Education Requirements
High School graduate or GED .
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of modern law enforcement principles , procedures , techniques , and equipment;
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the police department and governing federal , state and local ordinances;
• Knowledge of the physical and social characteristics of assigned area;
• Knowledge of criminal law with particular reference to apprehension , arrest , search , seizure , and protection of constitutional rights of citizens;
• Knowledge of police investigative , surveillance and identification techniques;
• Knowledge of rules of evidence , laws pertaining to search and seizure , and state and municipal codes relating to law enforcement;
• Knowledge of area criminals and criminal activity;
• Ability to learn the applicable laws , ordinances , and department rules and regulations;
• Ability to perform the physically demanding aspects of the job in a variety of weather conditions;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co - workers , supervisors , local law enforcement personnel and the public;
• Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions in response to situations encountered on the job;
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
• Ability to learn the City ' s geography .
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to prepare clear reports;
• Ability to question and interview skillfully;
• Ability to effectively and accurately analyze evidence;
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily , weekly and monthly activities and consistently meet all established deadlines and reporting requirements;
• Ability to organize and compile information and prepare clear and concise reports;
• Ability to render credible testimony in a court of law .
• Ability to subordinate personal preferences to the orders of management;
• Skill in the use and care of firearms and other devices utilized in law enforcement and surveillance activities;
• Possession of basic computer skills required to maintain case files , generate crime data reports , compose memos and related computer generated reports and communications;
Additional Info and Application . . .
Press release information:
Direct link to press release
: Click here .
Keywords and search queries from search engines related to the press release : alcoa tn news , blount and pool , used car in alcoa tn , alcoa weather , alcoa tn weather , weather for alcoa tn , substation engineering intern , alcoa police department , alcoa police , auto accident lawyer maryville tn , blount county arrests , alcoa tennessee weather , maryville daily times arrests