Local news- Press Release
☷ City of Reno Nevada - June 8 2022 Reno City Council Meeting Highlights 08 June 2022
City of Reno , state Nevada ( By Press Release office)
| 11| 2
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens and media informed , we’ve summarized the outcomes of a few key agenda items from
today’s Regular Meeting of the Reno City Council
. Staff Reports with more information are linked to below:
B . 6
- Arts and Culture Grants
Council adopted a Resolution granting 36 Arts and Culture
National Endowment for the Arts ( NEA )
American Rescue Plan ( ARP ) Grants
for 2022 in the amount of $450 , 000 . Individual grant amounts ranged from $5 , 000 to $17 , 280 to the recipients
listed in the Staff Report
B . 8
- Renown Alumni Recreation Therapy Program
Council accepted a Grant Award from the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation for the Renown Alumni Recreation Therapy Program in the amount of $24 , 899 . The program is devoted to person - centered care that promotes confidence , independence , and overall well - being for individuals who have sustained a neurological injury .
Stead Boulevard Sewer Capacity Project
B . 17
- Council awarded a Contract to Sierra Nevada Construction , Inc . for the Stead Boulevard Sewer Capacity Project in the amount of $7 , 793 , 007 from the Sewer Fund .
B . 18
- Council approved a Consultant Agreement with Atkins for construction services for the Stead Boulevard Sewer Capacity Project in an amount not to exceed $528 , 755 from the Sewer Fund .
The project , located on Stead Boulevard in the North Valleys , was identified as a high priority for replacement to accommodate future capacity needs for the North Valleys .
B . 19
- Plumas Gym
Council approved an Award of Contract to Bruce Purves Construction , Inc . for the renovation of the Plumas Gym men ' s and women ' s restrooms to conform to ADA standards in an amount not to exceed $540 , 000 from the CDBG Fund and General Capital Project Fund .
City Hall Seismic Upgrade Project
B . 20
- Council awarded a Contract to Martin Harris Construction Company , Inc . for the City Hall Seismic Upgrade Project in an amount not to exceed $10 , 113 , 758 from the General Capital Fund .
B . 21
- Council approved a Consultant Agreement with BJG Architecture and Engineering for engineering support and construction services for the City Hall Seismic Upgrade Project in an amount not to exceed $503 , 800 from the General Fund .
B . 22
- Council approved a Consultant Agreement with Wise Consulting for abatement project monitoring and reporting for the City Hall Seismic Upgrade Project in an amount not to exceed $150 , 700 .
C . 1
- 2022 - 23 HUD Annual Action Plan ( Housing )
Council approved the Annual Action Plan for allocating grants from the federal Community Development Block Grant ( CDBG ) Program in the amount of $2 , 070 , 240 , HOME Investment Partnerships Program in the amount of $1 , 582 , 214 , and Emergency Solutions Grant Program ( ESG ) in the amount of $179 , 367 . View the Staff Presentation for more information , including a timeline , recommended projects , and the City’s Housing and Neighborhood Development ( HAND ) strategic goals .
Collective Bargaining Agreements
Council approved the following CBAs , for the period of July 1 , 2022 through June 30 , 2024:
C . 2
- Reno Police Protective Association ( RPPA )
C . 3
- Reno Police Supervisory/Administrative Employees , Deputy Chief Unit
C . 4
- Reno Police Supervisory/Administrative Employees , Lieutenant Unit
C . 5
- Reno Police Supervisory/Administrative Employees , Sergeant Unit
C . 6
- Reno Administrative Professional Group , Administrative Unit
C . 7
- Reno Administrative/Professional Group , Professional Unit
C . 9
- Reno Firefighters Local 731 International Association of Firefighters
View the Staff Presentation
for more information .
Title 18 Text Amendments
D . 1
an initiation of a series of Council - prioritized text amendments ( affordable housing , appeals , sustainability , historic preservation , smoke free business , flood hazard , short term rentals , signs , residential compatibility , major drainageways , wildland/urban interface , and communication facility and equipment ) to Reno Municipal Code ( RMC ) Title 18 Annexation and Land Development . Council directed staff to initiate an amendment , including the use of consultants .
D . 2
an initiation of a text amendment to Title 18 Annexation and Land Development to address clean - up refinements including grammatical errors , inconsistencies with regulations and unintended deletions or insertions . Council directed staff to initiate an amendment .
D . 3
- Peavine Employment Center
Council directed staff to appeal the Truckee Meadows Regional Planning Commission’s Master Plan Amendment determination of nonconformance with the adopted 2019 Truckee Meadows Regional Plan . The subject site is generally located to the southeast of the intersections of Red Rock Road and Trail Drive . View the Staff Presentation for more information , including the timeline and process .
D . 4
- National Bowling Stadium Agreement
Council approved a Fourth Amendment to the original Agreement dated June 13 , 2012 between the Reno - Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority ( RSCVA ) , the City of Reno and United States Bowling Congress ( USBC ) to conduct national bowling tournaments within the City of Reno until 2032 . The updated agreement adds six tournaments through 2032; includes replacing bowling lanes on the first and fourth floor of the National Bowling Stadium to be completed by January 1 , 2029; and dedicates a minimum of 50 percent of future surcharge proceeds to facility upgrades until the upgrades are completed .
G . 1 . 1
- Building Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee
Council appointed Douglas Hunter to the Building Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee .
G . 2
- Community Development Block Grant ( CDBG ) Sub - Committee
Council adopted a Resolution establishing the Community Development Block Grant ( CDBG ) Sub - Committee of the Reno City Council , and establishing terms for and rules concerning the committee .
G . 3
- Human Rights Commission
Council accepted the
updated Human Rights Commission Bylaws
in accordance with Resolution No . 8780 .
G . 4
- City Clerk
There was a performance evaluation for the City Clerk , including discussion of goals , objectives , annual compensation , and accomplishments .
View the presentation
for more on the evaluation methodology .
H . 1
- City Manager
There was a performance evaluation for the City Manager , including discussion of goals , objectives , and accomplishments; and amending the City Manager ' s employment contract .
View the presentation
Year in Review video
Reno City Council meetings are streamed live at
Reno . Gov/Meetings
and televised live on Charter Spectrum - Channel 194 . Past public meetings can be viewed on
Press release information:
Direct link to press release
: Click here .
Keywords and search queries from search engines related to the press release :