Local news- Press Release
☷ Henderson, HR Benefits Nevada - Henderson Police are Joining Forces Targeting Pedestrian Safety 13 April 2022
Henderson, HR Benefits , state Nevada ( By Press Release office)
| 8| 2
Henderson , Nev . – ( April 13 , 2022 )
The City of Henderson Police Department would like to remind you that keeping our roadways safe is everyone’s responsibility , whether you are traveling by foot , bicycle , motorcycle , or motor vehicle .
Henderson Police will be participating in the Joining Forces enforcement initiative targeting pedestrian safety from April 18th through April 25th . Officers working this initiative , will target intersections with clearly marked crosswalks using saturation patrols .
In Nevada , 85 pedestrians died in accidents involving motor vehicles in 2021 , according to the Office of Traffic Safety .
Tips for Drivers:
• Always yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk . Every intersection where two streets meet is a legal crosswalk , whether it is marked or not .
• Stop well back from a crosswalk to give other vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop , too .
• Never pass vehicles stopped at a crosswalk . They are stopped to allow pedestrians to cross the street .
• Remain stopped until pedestrians have crossed all the lanes in the direction you are traveling , or they reach the median .
Tips for Pedestrians:
• Walk on a sidewalk or path as far from traffic as possible .
• Put away electronic devices that take your eyes and ears off the road , such as cell phones and music players .
• Never assume a driver sees you; make eye contact before crossing in front of them .
• Be cautious when crossing driveways or outlets where drivers must look away from you to merge with traffic .
• Allow drivers time to recognize your intention to cross and come to a complete stop . A motorist traveling 35 miles per hour needs about 6 seconds to see a pedestrian and safely stop their vehicle .
• Cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections where two streets meet . This is where drivers expect pedestrians , and it is the only lawful spot to cross .
The Henderson Police Department received $237 , 300 in federal funding for the enhanced enforcement through the Nevada Department of Public Safety – Office of Traffic Safety for the 2022 Joining Forces program .
Press release information:
Direct link to press release
: Click here .
Keywords and search queries from search engines related to the press release : silver tip henderson, nv , henderson happenings , henderson nevada police , 100 block of sicily hills court