Gas Utilities Service Tech I Job opening - Milton state Florida ( Job openings )
Milton , state Florida
( By Press Release office)
2022-11-07T00:00 - 2022-12-07T00:00 | 15 | 0
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or sufficient education with the ability to read, write and do basic math, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Experience: This is an entry level position requiring heavy physical labor, sufficient physical strength to perform manual labor. Some experience in manual labor in outdoor elements is preferred. Experience in the construction field is preferred.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
· Required to obtain all licenses as required by the City, County, State or Federal Government.
· Valid State of Florida driver’s license but will be required to obtain a Class “A” CDL with “N” endorsement within three (3) months of employment.
· Ability and willingness to obtain all certificates and training as needed or required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(These examples are only representative work samples for this job and do not include all duties or special work assignments that may be required.)
· Assists crew members assigned certain construction and maintenance activities in water, sewer and natural gas systems in the utility department.
· Dig ditches to install and repair pipes, valves and fittings and sets meters.
· Ability to safely operate a variety of equipment in the maintenance and construction within water, sewer and natural gas systems in the utility department.
· Operates, but not limited to, mowers, chain saws, weed eater, hand picks, shovels, brooms, rakes, pitch forks, pruners and other miscellaneous hand tools.
· Performs heavy manual labor.
· Cuts grass and weeds, pick up trash, cleans right of ways, and any other properties within utility department.
· Work outdoors under variable weather conditions and risks.
· Assists with system locates as per the One Call system.
· Respond/assist with after hour call outs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Some knowledge in the use of, hand tools, and materials used in construction, maintenance, and repair work.
· Some knowledge of pertinent safety standards and practices followed in construction, maintenance, and repair.
· Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
· Ability to work safely at all times.
· Ability to keep simple records.
· Requires the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with coworkers and supervisors
· Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with the public.
· Skilled in the routine care and use of tools and equipment.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
OURS OF WORK, SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Normal field operation hours, Monday through Friday; subject to working late, weekends and emergency call-outs. Work hours may need to be adjusted at times to meet work load.
· No supervisory responsibility.
· Work is routine and is periodically spot checked by supervisor.
· Reports to team leader, foremen, or superintendent or others designated.
This is an entry level position. An employee in this class, under general supervision, performs a variety of duties which may include the performance of laboring duties in the light construction, maintenance, and repair of water, sewer and natural gas systems. Assignments are outlined and work is routine. Work is spot checked for successful completion. Employee is to use this position to learn the duties and move up within the department.
Employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to hold or feel, reach with hands and arms, walk, talk, smell and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, crouch and crawl. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision and depth perception. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 45 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 90 pounds.
The City of Milton has a Nepotism Policy that no two relatives may be employed at the same time.? Please disclose during application.
Local Job release information:
Direct link to Job Opening
: Click here