Fleet Operations Technician Job opening - Tavares state Florida ( Job openings )
Tavares , state Florida
( By Press Release office )
2022-01-14T00:00 - 2022-02-13T00:00 | 31 | 1
The Fleet Operations Technician position is a Front-Line role that provides high-quality service to internal customers to ensure their vehicles and equipment are functional and operating safely. Their role enables repair and maintenance of City-owned fleet assets in compliance with manufacturer recommendations and Fleet Services procedures and protocols. This position is an essential part of the City's infrastructure that contributes to the livability of the City and must be maintained to ensure its health and viability. Incumbents in this classification receive assignments directly from the Fleet Operations Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs mechanical and service work on all City vehicles and equipment. Work to include but not limited to: steering; brakes; tires; electric; tune-ups; carburetors/FI; drive train
2. Repairs and maintains City equipment.
3. Repairs and maintains City marine vessels.
4. Pick up and deliver vehicles to various vendors and City departments.
5. Maintains a positive and professional attitude toward their respective job and fellow employees.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of construction, assembly, adjustment, and maintenance involving motorized vehicles and equipment.
2. Ability to operate and maintain the necessary hand, power, and shop tools, including equipment, common to the field.
3. Ability to read and interpret schematics and diagrams; assess and repair mechanical defects in equipment and a variety of vehicles.
4. Skill in applying methods and techniques used in the diagnosis, troubleshooting, overhaul, maintenance, and repair of diesel, gasoline, and alternate fuel-powered vehicles and related equipment.
5. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse workforce and community.
6. Knowledge and ability to utilize a laptop, tablet computer, and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
7. Knowledge of computers and must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma
2. Four (4) years of recent experience performing maintenance and repairs in a municipal fleet environment of 350+ vehicles and pieces of equipment.
(A comparable amount of training, education, or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications).
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
1. Must possess a valid Class “A” Commercial Florida Driver’s License or the ability to obtain within the first (6) months of employment.
2. Preferably Master ASE in Automotive or Medium/Heavy Truck.
3. Must possess and maintain an EVT Maintenance, Inspection, and Testing of Fire Apparatus (F1) certification, or the ability to obtain within the first (12) months of employment.
4. Incumbents of this position are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-700 within 30 days of employment and the ICS-100 within 60 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing ladders, reaching, bending, kneeling, crouching, standing, and making continuous hand/arm movements. Sufficient vision and hearing to safely and accurately perform essential functions (with or without correction) are required. Works at heights (up to 60 feet). May work in strong odors. May also require lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects and materials weighting (20-50lbs). Must be available to work night, weekend, emergency on-call, and holiday shifts. On the night, weekend, or holiday shifts as assigned, may be required to work alone. Must be available to work in the event of a disaster to assist with recovery response efforts. On such assignments, within established policies and procedures, incumbents of this class are expected to work with considerable initiative and independent judgment in identifying and taking corrective action on the more routine problems.
Works inside and outside with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, bright/dim light, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, toxic agents, disease, or pathogenic substances.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
Local Job release information:
Direct link to Job Opening
: Click here
Keywords and search queries from search engines related to the press release : fleet operations specialist , computer repair tavares , operations technician jobs , cmms specialist jobs , cmms jobs , fleet technician jobs , operation technician jobs , landscape lighting tavares fl , SQL logic error
near "=": syntax error
opening . Technician . Operations . Fleet . Tavares . state . Florida . openings .
Operations . Technician . openings . opening . Tavares . Florida . Fleet . state . Job . .
https://thepressreleaseengine.com/Fleet+Operations+Technician-Job-id2022-4567-175opening ; Technician ; Operations ; Fleet ; Tavares ; state ; Florida ; openings ; Operations ; Technician ; openings ; opening ; Tavares ; Florida ; Fleet ; state ; Job ; ; openings Florida state Tavares Fleet Operations Technician opening Job state Fleet Florida Tavares opening openings Technician Operations